Welcome to an aesthetically-oriented episode of Verity! Join Deb, Erika, Katrina, and Lynne as we take a look at monsters/aliens/villains from a design perspective. Which baddies look great? Which don’t? Does a fleshed-out back story that dovetails with the design help or hinder? And of course, we save time for our most (and least!) favorites! It’s a fascinating discussion that almost breaks Deb at one point–not every DW design choice was a wise one. Sometimes a cape in and of itself *is* the superhero.
What do you think of monster design? Do you have favorites or ones you think work well? Poorly? Let us know in the comments!
- has embarked upon a series 7 rewatch to prepare for the rapidly-approaching new series!
- and looks forward to Peter Capaldi taking a firm hand with his character!
- Kat is charmed by 16 seconds of Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman interacting before heading to Sydney!
- enjoys the “secret” trailer for “Deep Breath”–especially Clara’s line at the end!
- and almost forgets that what’s really making her happy is hearing Maggie Thompson talk about Doctor Who fandom (and how it hasn’t changed that much)!
- has high hopes for a new east-coast Doctor Who convention: (Re)Generation Who!
- and kindly refrains from stealing Erika’s second happy thing!
Download or listen now (runtime 1:17:14)