This week it’s Lynne’s turn to pick a companion-tastic story, and bafflingly, she chose Nyssa in “Black Orchid”. Join Deb, Erika, Liz, and Lynne as we discuss all the companions in “Black Orchid”. Lynne does have some strong reasons why Nyssa shines here. Deb thinks it’s a stronger Tegan story. And Erika discovers it’s her new favorite Adric story. It may be a short story, but with the crowded TARDIS of the fifth Doctor era, there are lots of companions to go around!
What do you think of this story? Would you have picked a different Nyssa story? Or can you think of other reasons this is a goor one for her? And do you find Adric boring? Charming? Annoying? Let us know in the comments!
And remember, you have about a week left to contribute to the Uncanny Magazine Year Two Kickstarter and make an extra difference thanks to an amazing Verity! listener!
- Lynne goes “woo hoo!” over the forthcoming Doctor Who LEGO!
- Erika had a great time at Worldcon/Sasquan:
- Liz is giddy that Doctor Who is coming back in a few weeks!
- fangirls over DW writer Sarah Dollard cosplaying as Han Solo!
- congratulates Tansy and Galactic Suburbia for winning the Best Fancast Hugo Award!
- recommends you check out Sage’s Head Over Feels piece on fan shaming!
Download or listen now (runtime 1:15:06)