While we’re not so sure this qualifies as part of a two-parter, we agree it’s well worth talking about! Join Deb, Erika, Katrina, and Lynne as we delve into what it means to be immortal with a human brain, the fabulous chemistry Maisie Williams has with Peter Capaldi, some truly fantastic writing, and lots of fawning over highwaymen (by some of us, at least). It’s a squee-filled episode, but not entirely without criticism.
What did you think of “The Woman Who Lived”? Did you dig the highwayman gig? Did you weep at Lady Me’s cruelty? Did you roll your eyes at the big kitty in a crown? Let us know in the comments!
- issued a squee that could be heard around the world over David Tennant and Catharine Tate teaming up for Big Finish!
- watched a Corgi dress up as all 12 Doctors!
- Kat attended an Edmonton podcaster meetup where the hosts of Doctor Whooch (while being interviewed for Seen and Heard in Edmonton) recommended Verity! and Radio Free Skaro!
- Erika reports two Doctor Who podcasts are back!
- Deb cannot wait to see Mark Gatiss appear at the Museum of the Moving Image in New York to promote his upcoming episode “Sleep No More”!
Long Island Who
Verity! mentioned on Danish radio
The Corinthian by Georgette Heyer
Gentle Rogue by Johanna Lindsey
Paul’s lion bread from The Great British Bake Off
Ahistory: An Unauthorized History of Doctor Who
Download or listen now (runtime 1:20:53)