It’s game time again! Join Deb as she leads Erika, Liz, and Lynne through yet another delightful Doctor Who-based game. This one involves re-casting beloved episodes and was co-developed by friend-of-the-show, Erik Stadnik. If you appreciate it (or excellent writing or just fellow fans), please consider checking out Erik’s “Weekly Prague Blog” Patreon.
Did you like this one? Do you feel we choose poorly? Let us know in the comments!
Download or listen now (runtime 33:45)
Comments on: "Extra! – Alternative Whoniverse" (7)
Reblogged this on Confessions of a Curator, Editor, Geek and commented:
New Verity! Extra!
Is there something wrong with the download link? Tried to download to my pad for listening later, and got an Error-not found message from libsyn.
Eep! There was indeed. I was missing a single character. Thanks for pointing it out. Should be fixed now!
Hooray! Thanks for all your work. Verity has been a highlight of my week from the very beginning. (Followed Lynne over from the SF Squeecast.)
Hi, Lynne in Urbana! I’m David in Urbana! Welcome to the University of Illinois! I’m over in Campbell Hall on the north end of campus. If you’re interested, would love to chat sometime, after you and yours are settled in. You can find me in the campus directory. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help you get acclimatized to your new community!
Thanks very much!
I played along!
1. Paul McGann, because he has so much gravitas in his quiet moments. The first Doctor is more severe than Davison and more still than Smith.
2. Ice Warriors and Sontarans, because they are most iconic and a whisper-hiss vs a battle chant would be delightful.
3. Donna, because I think she would hold the baseball bat, but then just shout the Dalek down.
4. Cassandra, but only if it could be her as a human like in the flashbacks. She’s most established. But if I could only choose steamrolled Cassandra, I’d go with Miss Foster, because I’d be intrigued to see her as a pirate.
5. Dodo, because she deserves to do more. Plus, she’s more loyal to the Doctor than Adric, and all that running about would come too easily for Mel.
6. Patrick Troughton, because so much of what the second Doctor does is a manipulation for other characters in the scene, so I’d like to see what the second Doctor acts like when he’s alone. Also, he’s in a tie for my favorite Doctor, so I just want to put him in all the stories.