Our First Repeat! – Episode 46 – Communication Breakdown
Because of the emotional ups and (mostly downs) of the last week in the world, the Verities did not have it in them to do a podcast–about love or anything else. Instead, we’re releasing our first re-run. Join Deb and Erika as we give a short intro explaining why we’ve chosen to re-release this particular episode. At this time in history, we feel it’s really important.
The conversation Deb talks about in the intro starts at 49:12, so feel free to skip to that if you only want to hear the truly relevant bit. We hope you enjoy!
As always, comments are welcome–especially messages of hope, perseverance, and love.
As published July 16, 2014
This week we do lots of talking about villains who don’t. Join Deb, Erika, Lynne, and Tansy as we discuss what makes silent villains so creepy and effective. We also discover just how many Moffat-baddies are non-talkers (or mostly non-talkers). And do stick around for a particularly interesting tangent about gender roles and power dynamics in communication. This Verity! ep gets positively analytical! Almost scholarly! Almost.
And of course, let us know who your favorite quiet killers are–or weigh in on the deeper debate about communication in general. Or both!
- ALL the verities are over the moon about the release of Liz’s Big Finish debut: Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories!
- Lynne dies of joy because Rachel Talalay and Peter Capaldi held Chicks Dig Time Lords on the set of Doctor Who!
- wishes womeninpodcasting.org a happy 7th birthday!
- and loves DW fandom for not publicizing series 8 spoilers!
- welcomes The Ood Cast back to the world of active-podcasting!
- and delights in Doctor Who clothing for toddlers!
- Deb delves into the scholarly and math-heavy Blue Box White Paper on time-travel!
Download or listen now (runtime 1:19:21)