As requested, the LEGO Verities took a break from the ballgame at Clutchers Field, and took a tour of the 12th Doctor’s TARDIS.
Posts tagged ‘Clara Oswald’
We may not be quite sure whether this is truly the end for Clara, but we all agree that “Face the Raven” is a fantastic story and a great Doctor Who debut by writer Sarah Dollard. Join Deb, Lynne, and Tansy as we evaluate character departures, discuss character motivation, and touch on Steven Moffat’s commitment issues. We examine Clara Oswald’s arc and try to determine whether she was running toward death or running from grief. We also discuss the themes of morality throughout Series 9 because, why not? (I think it’s safe to say we loved this one.)
What did you think of “Face the Raven”? Do you think Clara met a fitting end or did her death feel too slight or insignificant? Do you think Mayor Me is the other side of the Doctor’s morality or just a misguided villain? Let us know in the comments!
- Tansy is captivated by the Doctor Who version of the Bayeux Tapestry depicting 50 years of the show
- Lynne is greatly amused by the gifs and photos of Messrs. Capaldi, Moffat and Gatiss coming in THIRD in a Doctor Who pub quiz at the Doctor Who Festival in Australia.
- Deb got a frisson of nostalgia/joy/excitement at hearing the Big Finish Preview for the upcoming tenth Doctor and Donna Noble audios. She also started listening to Unit – Extinction in hopes of resurrecting her Kate Lethbridge-Stewart love.
Download or listen now (runtime 1:13:32)
Happy holidays one and all! This week it’s an oversized celebration, as we have all six Verities onboard for this ep! Join Deb, Erika, Katrina, Liz, Lynne, and Tansy as we celebrate the season by talking about the last new Doctor Who episode we’ll have for a while. It’s mostly Christmas cheer all up in here, so if you’re looking for a good rant, you’re (mostly) in the wrong place. We talk Capaldi, Clara, Danny, Santa, and more!
What did you think of this year’s Christmas outing? Was it Santastic? Or ho-ho-horrible? Let us know in the comments!
- Kat got some sweet Doctor Who Christmas gifts including a TARDIS blanket, a TARDIS mug, and a plush Dalek!
- Lynne also got sweet DW stuff–most importantly, TARDIS pajama pants!
- Tansy’s family, too, got DW swag, including Dalek hats and Dalek Risk!
- Liz got tickets to the Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular in May!
- Erika got to reminisce about Calgary Expo 2013 because Steven’s interviews w/Sylvester McCoy and the Torchwood cast are now online!
- Deb got herself the current, awesome, (Big Finish) Humble Doctor Who Audiobook Bundle (dozens of titles, pay what you want, and help a good charity)!
Download or listen now (runtime 1:39:56)
Now that it’s all over, we look back at Series 8 as a whole. Join Deb, Erika, Katrina, Liz, and Tansy as we discuss the characters and themes that made series 8 what it was. We didn’t love everything, and (of course) we didn’t all love the same things. But we (again, of course) find plenty to chew over after this, one of the most challenging series of Doctor Who to date.
What did you think of S8? Did it hang together well? Was it inconsistent? Was it consistently disappointing? Always awesome? Or somewhere in between? And perhaps most importantly, how much did you love Capaldi (and his hair)?
- We’re doing a Patreon-funded, 100th-Verity!-release giveaway!
- Liz can now purchase her beloved S8 posters by Stuart Manning!
- Tansy loves the cover for the latest Doctor Who Magazine!
- Deb will be panelling at Philcon!
Download or listen now (runtime 1:46:09)
And with that, it’s over–for another six weeks, anyway. Series 8 has come to a close, and its final episode has rather a lot to chew over. Join Deb, Erika, and Katrina as we delve into some of those elements: Missy/The Master, Clara as the Doctor, the evolution of lying, the self-realization of the Doctor… There are so many elements, however, that some of them will be left for next week, when we have many Verities to talk about the whole shebang–it’s our Series 8 wrap-up!
What did you think of the series finale? Was it a perfect culmination of a fantastic series? A fitting culmination for a lousy series? Or something in between? Let us know in the comments!
- Erika can’t wait for Liz’s upcoming book in the “Chicks Dig” series, Companion Piece!
- Deb had a fabulous time at LI Who and can’t wait to do it again next year!
Download or listen now (runtime 1:21:17)
Welcome to a squeeful episode of Verity! We loved this episode, and we’re not afraid to show it! Join Deb, Erika, Liz, and Tansy as we pick this one apart–in a(n almost entirely) good way! Liz manages to come up with some complaints, but they’re almost all laughably minor. Mostly we spend time talking about Clara and the Doctor. And what could be better, really?
What did you think of “Flatline”? Let us know in the comments!
- pretends her Doctor Who Yahtzee is now an actual-size TARDIS!
- congratulates Long Island Doctor Who for selling out their weekend and Saturday-only passes!
- Liz watches lots of Hinchcliffe-era Who, including “The Seeds of Doom“!
- Deb boggles at the number of Doctor Who-themed pumpkin templates!
Download or listen now (runtime 1:28:36)
Welcome to a spirited episode of Verity! Join Deb, Erika, Katrina, and Lynne as we vociferously disagree about the relationship and soldier issues in “The Caretaker”. It’s a boisterous discussion in which we once again prove it’s possible to strongly disagree, and yet still remain fast friends. Which Verity thinks Danny is turning into a jerkface? Who thinks he was justified in everything he said and did? Who can barely form complete sentences at the start of the podcast? And who has the plague? Listen and see!
What did you think about this ep? Is the Doctor a huge jerk? Is Danny? Is Clara? All three? And what about Courtney Woods? Let us know in the comments!
- Kat also had a fabulous time at Edmonton Expo, where she talked to a professional props master (who loved her Doctor Who scarf!) and managed to get Jim Beaver’s autograph!
Download or listen now (runtime 1:18:45)