As requested, the LEGO Verities took a break from the ballgame at Clutchers Field, and took a tour of the 12th Doctor’s TARDIS.
Posts tagged ‘TARDIS’
That’s right, we’re talking about the TARDIS again! We discussed her villainous tendencies with Lynne and Tansy last year. Now, join Deb, Erika, Katrina, and Liz as we fold the TARDIS into our Year of Companions. We discuss the evolution of the TARDIS on-screen and how the Doctor’s treatment of her varies by actor and era.
What’s your favorite Doctor-TARDIS pairing? Do you have a favorite (least favorite?) moment between the Doctor and his “wife”? How do you feel about the blatant personification of the TARDIS in the new series? Let us know in the comments!
And be sure to head over to our commentary-picking post to help us determine what wonderful Doctor Who goodness we’ll jabber all over! We’ve already hit our first informal Patreon goal of 120 supporters. We’ll do a second commentary at 125!
- Liz swoons and squees over the Doctor Who Fan Show interview, in which Peter Capaldi displays his classic-Who fannishness!
- Erika watches her spouse practically explode with glee at the Doctor Who component of the upcoming LEGO Dimensions game!
- Deb warms her heart over an article on BlackGirlNerds.com about the TARDIS acting as a symbol of connection!
Download or listen now (runtime 1:15:35)
This week we bring you episode 78–really! Pay no attention to Deb’s introduction. Erika isn’t the only one who makes mistakes! Join Deb, Erika, Liz, and Lynne as we talk about companion teams. First, we have to define that term and differentiate it from “TARDIS team”. Then we can get into the meat of the discussion–which companions work really really well together? Who can’t you think of without their counterpart?
Let us know your favorite companion teams in the comments!
- Liz’s inner-8-year-old melts at the Companion Piece review in Doctor Who Magazine!
- Lynne can’t wait for Chicago TARDIS, now they’ve posted an early guest list!
- boggles that Doctor Who will have another Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con!
- enjoys the heck out of the Peter Harness-adapted Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell!
Download or listen now (runtime 1:29:04)
The year is almost over, but there’s still time to finish out our year of villains in style! Join Deb, Erika, Lynne, and Tansy as we talk about the times when the TARDIS has crossed over to the dark side–or seemed to. Or at least acted a little tetchy. Okay, so we realize “villain” is a bit of a strong word, but there were certainly times the TARDIS was antagonistic. And we cover a lot of examples! Here’s a list of (I think) all the stories we talk about in this ep:
- The Edge of Destruction
- The Daleks’ Master Plan
- The Mind Robber
- The TV Movie
- Boom Town
- The Lodger
- The Doctor’s Wife
- Let’s Kill Hitler
- Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS
- Big Finish:
What other examples can you think of? Let us know in the comments. And let us know what you think of the TARDIS as a “baddie”!
- Tansy revels in a glut of Doctor Who Christmas ornaments, including a (missing) TARDIS!
- Lynne has action figures:
- gives big kudos to Doctor Who: Legacy for including characters from the comics in their advent calendar!
- excitedly awaits Doctor Who novel re-releases, including Paul Cornell’s Human Nature!
Zoe’s spangly pantsuit (scroll down to number 11)
Download or listen now (runtime 1:07:13)
Welcome to a squeeful episode of Verity! We loved this episode, and we’re not afraid to show it! Join Deb, Erika, Liz, and Tansy as we pick this one apart–in a(n almost entirely) good way! Liz manages to come up with some complaints, but they’re almost all laughably minor. Mostly we spend time talking about Clara and the Doctor. And what could be better, really?
What did you think of “Flatline”? Let us know in the comments!
- pretends her Doctor Who Yahtzee is now an actual-size TARDIS!
- congratulates Long Island Doctor Who for selling out their weekend and Saturday-only passes!
- Liz watches lots of Hinchcliffe-era Who, including “The Seeds of Doom“!
- Deb boggles at the number of Doctor Who-themed pumpkin templates!
Download or listen now (runtime 1:28:36)
It’s high time for another silly Verity! Extra! This week’s topic is inspired by a “Mind Meld” in SF Signal. Join Deb, Erika, Liz, and Lynne as we discuss where we’d go if we had one trip in the TARDIS. Who wants to do something historical? Who wants something literary? Who wants the future? Or alien adventures? Perhaps most important of all, who is our very own Meddling Monk? (Spoiler: that one’s Liz. Surprise.)
Where would you take the TARDIS if you had one trip? Let us know in the comments!
Download or listen now (runtime 33:32)
We’ve had silly Extras before, but perhaps none that went quite this (delightfully) far off the rails. Join Deb, Erika, Katrina, and Liz as we talk about our favorite rooms in the TARDIS–both the ones that exist, and the ones we wish did! Come for the TARDIS talk, stay for the space monkeys.
A guinea pig in battle armor
Download or listen now (runtime 34:02)